Infinity Ward has released the full patch notes for the December 18 update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. The update is pretty big, adding several new pieces of content and implementing numerous balance changes and bug fixes.
In terms of what’s new, the update adds three maps to the multiplayer rotation: Shipment, Vacant, and Winter Docks (the latter being a winter-themed variation of the Docks map). Long-time Call of Duty fans will recognize Shipment and Vacant as remakes of the same two maps from 2007’s Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. With the addition of these new maps, both Vacant and Shipment have been rotated into the 24/7 multiplayer playlist. Cranked mode has also been rotated in, as has Gunfight.
The new update also adds a new Operator to Modern Warfare, Nikto. A former Russian FSB undercover agent, Nikto is an Allegiance Operator. Thanks to the update, you can also now jump into Special Operation Strongbox and classic Special Operations Disinform and Bomb Squad.
The full patch notes for this update are long, too long to cover in any meaningful depth. Instead, the remaining bug fixes and balancing changes are outlined in bullet list form below. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is available for Xbox One, PS4, and PC–if you haven’t tried it, you may want to as the game has set new records as the most-played Call of Duty title this console generation.
Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare December 18 Update Patch Notes
- New Operator: Nikto
- New Maps
- Winter Docks (Winter themed Docks 2v2 map)
- Playlist Update
- Vacant and Shipment 24/7
- Gunfight is back
- New Special Operation! “Strongbox”
- New Classic Special Operation Missions! “Disinform” and “Bomb Squad”
- Fix for a bug that could players to be stuck in a “Update requires restart” loop
- Fix for a bug where creating a custom mode could prevent access to private match game mode options
- Fix for players disconnecting and experiencing the “TURTLE” error code
- Fix for a bug where the green new notification icon was not clearing off the screen even though there weren’t any new items to view
- Implemented fixes for various exploits and boosting techniques
- Fix for some players experiencing a drift while using an Xbox controller
- Fixed two bugs that could cause players to accidentally use multiple XP tokens due to a delay between clicking the button and confirmation on our end
- Fixed an issue where Care Packages could fall through the roof of various buildings in Port
- Fixed a bug where players were unable to swap Field Upgrades after selecting Field Upgrade Pro
- Attempting to deploy the Weapon Drop Field Upgrade at the beginning of a round-based mode would result in the Field Upgrade becoming unusable until the player respawns. This has been fixed
- Fixed a bug where all tablet-based killstreaks/Field Upgrades have a zoomed-in view when using on Aniyah Palace
- Made some slight UI adjustments to the base and officer rank progression screens to both have similar designs
- Fix for watches not appearing in modes with preset loadouts
- Added a new menu that allows players to launch a specific Trial
- Fixed a bug that caused keybinds to reset to their default values
- Friend Request & Party Invite Notifications option will be set to Enabled by default after the patch. Players can disable that option through the Account tab of the Options menu
- Implemented several settings for the Auto-Sprint option (Always Sprint, Always Super Sprint)
- Added an Auto Move Forward feature for Keyboard and Mouse as well as Controller
- For Keyboard and Mouse, a keybind can be added in the Options menu via the advanced section of Move Forward
- For Controller, when this feature is enabled in the Options menu, it can be activated in game by pushing the movement stick forward twice
- Keyboard and Mouse
- Improved navigation in the Store and Battle Pass menus
- Added a Change Zoom/Toggle Hybrid Behavior gameplay option to change which keybind triggers the Change Zoom/Toggle Hybrid
- Footsteps: reduced audible range of 3rd person footsteps
- Increased occlusion on footsteps
- Adjusted various foley sounds that played at a larger range than footsteps during ADS/crouch movements
- Fix for air vehicles not occluding properly
- General occlusion adjustments to all air vehicles
- Fix for knife impact sounds missing from kill cams
- Adjusted hip spread for the .357 Snake Shot so it’s consistent regardless of stance
- Reduced flinch on the Kar98k, EBR-14, and MK2 Carbine
- Several fixes were implemented to prevent crashes and improve stability
- Special Operations: Survival
- Various exploit fixes
Classic Special Operations:
- Fixed a bug where players were receiving inconsistent amounts of XP
- Fix for rank up UI splashes no working as intended
- When using a Respawn Flare, no UI icon would appear on the minimap (Operation Harbinger)
- Fixed a bug where pistols were dealing too much damage against Juggernauts compared to other weapon classes
- In Operation Crosswind, nearby enemies will not become alerted if a player uses a rocket launcher, causing the player to not break stealth. This has been fixed
- Fixed a bug where players were able to go prone with the minigun if they get revived while having it equipped
- Added the reward players could earn if completing an Operation within the playlist menu
Call Of Duty League
- Reduced the lethality of non-car explosives
- Adjustments to spawns for Hardpoint
- Search and Destroy
- Fix for a bug where the defending team could see the bomb carrier objective icon
- With the Weapon Pings on Minimap option is enabled, the bomb carrier would not show as a red dot on the minimap when shooting their weapon. This has been fixed
- COD Caster
- Added an in-game data view to display various stats
- Implemented support for Domination
How useful was this Game?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.
We are sorry that this Game was not useful for you!
Let us improve this Game!
Thanks for your feedback!